home

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This Ain't No Hippie Granola



So I want to share my granola recipe only I don't technically have one. I started making granola at The Farm in Virginia a few years ago and I have tweaked it just right. So I don't have a formal recipe.  I will share the best I can on how to make it, its well worth the estimating.

Ingredients:
Oats
honey (Add 1/2 cup of sugar if you want sweeter granola, I prefer not as I like to taste the natural sweetness of the honey)
olive oil
raisins
dried cranberries
coconut
almonds ( any nut will work walnuts, pecans, cashew)

Preheat oven to 275 degrees

Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and set aside.

In a bowl mix the following
Oats, buy any size container you want.  Large is best as a small container will not make much granola  ( You can use instant or regular) I use instant because it is more cost effective.
Olive Oil and honey enough to saturate all the oats, you shouldn't have any dry oats after mixing.  Add the
Coconut and the nuts, as much as desired.  Mix.

Spread onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown.

Remove from oven, let cool completely.  Granola will turn crunchy upon cooling.  Add raisins or dried cranberries, or both!

Important, do not bake the raisins or dried cranberries they will burn.

Serve over yogurt, milk or just snack on it.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment